Kum & Go 2016 Coffee Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Open to legal residents of Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming. The Contest period begins at 12:00:01 am Central Time (“CT”) on October 3, 2016 and, unless modified by the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Period ends at 11:59:59 pm CT on November 18, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Kum & Go, L.C. (“Kum & Go” or “Sponsor”). By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Entrants must do one of the following during the Sweepstakes Period to submit a valid Sweepstakes entry: (a) purchase one hot dispensed beverage at Kum & Go, including coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate, or hot tea, using their &Rewards card for automatic entry; or (b) submit an entry by sending a letter via U.S. mail, including the entrant’s full name, date of birth, &Rewards card number, preferred store location, mailing address, email address, and telephone number to the following address: Kum & Go 2016 Coffee Sweepstakes, Attention: Nicole Pearson, 6400 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266. Entries by U.S. mail must be received by Sponsor no later than five (5) days prior to the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period. Automated means of entry and/or use of third party websites to enter or other attempts to manipulate the Sweepstakes results are prohibited. All attempts at entry except as explicitly contemplated by these rules are null and void. If entrant does not have an &Rewards account, one can be set up for free on the Kum & Go website.
- Prizes: There shall be a total of four-hundred fifteen (415) entries selected during the Sweepstakes Period as Prize winners. The Prize winners will each receive thirty (30) any size coffee rewards added to their &Rewards account, advertised as “free coffee for a month” (the “Prize”). The Estimated Monetary Value (“EMV”) of each Prize is $50. The total EMV of all Prizes is $20,750.
- Winner Selection: Winners will be selected at random from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received from &Rewards members during the Sweepstakes Period. Prize winners will be notified via email. An entrant may only win one Prize for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s decisions as to the winning entries are final and binding. Within ten (10) days of the applicable drawing or selection date, Sponsor will undertake good faith efforts to promptly notify all potential Prize winners via email, U.S. mail or otherwise. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible for the failure of Sponsor to make contact with any potential prize winner within ten (10) days of the applicable drawing or selection date. Return of any Prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of Prize. All income taxes on Prizes are the Prize winner’s sole responsibility.
- Odds: The estimated odds of winning a Prize during the Sweepstakes Period depend on the number of eligible entries.
- Prize Restrictions: No cash redemptions. No transfer of Prize permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming who are 18 years of age or older. Entrants must be registered members of &Rewards. Not open to associates employed by Kum & Go or any of their respective affiliates, or employed associates’ immediate family members (i.e., spouse, children, siblings, parents, and individuals residing in the same household). Void where prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability: Kum & Go is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Kum & Go does not assume any responsibility for any technical problems in conjunction with transmission or receipt of entry including faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website, hardware or software, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. Use of the Sponsor’s website or mobile application (hereinafter collectively “Website”) is at user’s own risk. The Sponsor is not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Websites or the download or transmission of any information to or from the Websites. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Kum & Go at its sole discretion. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Prizes, may in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded in a random drawing from eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of cancellation. By participating in this Sweepstakes and accepting the Prize, the Prize winner agrees that Kum & Go and their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, media partners and promotion agencies shall not be liable for any loss, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from the Prize winner’s Sweepstakes participation, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse, of the Prize or the Sponsor’s use or promotion of the information or likeness of the Prize winner for marketing, social networking, or business purposes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, privacy or defamation. Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Should multiple users of the same &Rewards account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized subscriber of said e-mail account attached to the &Rewards account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the primary person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Arbitration/Choice of Law: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Kum & Go in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Winners List: For the names of the Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Kum & Go 2016 Coffee Sweepstakes, Attention: Nicole Pearson, 6400 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266. Requests must be received by the thirtieth (30th) day following the date of the drawing.
- Sponsor: Kum & Go, L.C., an Iowa limited liability company, 6400 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA, 50266.