At Kum & Go, we pride ourselves on not being a “typical” convenience retailer. Sure, we provide the products and services that you’d expect to find … we’ve got quality gasoline products, a wide selection of drinks and snacks, and we’ve even got fresh food to satisfy the cravings of our on-the-go customers. What sets us apart from our competitors is our people. Kum & Go associates are passionate about serving the customers who visit our stores, and we know that if we want to be a great company, we need great people.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Passion – We love what we do, and it shows in our work
- Integrity – We do the right thing, even when it is difficult
- Teamwork – We believe that greatness is only achieved through teamwork
- Caring – We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families and communities
- Excellence – We expect and deliver superior performance
Another thing that makes us unique is our dedication to the communities in which we serve. Kum & Go is proud to donate 10% of its profits back to charities and local communities. Philanthropy is a part of what we do and who we are, and we strive to be good neighbors in our towns and cities. Building sustainable stores is another way that we support our local communities. What makes a convenience store sustainable? Learn more about our sustainability efforts and LEED certified stores.
At Kum & Go, we want to be the #1 convenience retailer in the U.S. We’re excited about this goal and we’re motivated by these words from our president and CEO, Kyle Krause: “We want to be the best in the industry. We are doing a lot of things well, but we have to keep improving to get to where we want to be. We want to be a great company – doing the right things for our communities, our customers, our associates, and our suppliers.”
FAST FACTS ABOUT KUM & GO
- William A. Krause and Tony S. Gentle founded Kum & Go, L.C. in 1959, in Hampton, Iowa.
- Kyle Krause, son of William A. Krause, leads the company as president and CEO.
- Today, Kum & Go is the fifth largest privately held, company-operated convenience store chain in the United States.
- West Des Moines, Iowa is the home of Kum & Go’s “Store Support Center,” where the company is headquartered.
- Kum & Go is the largest E85 retailer in the state of Iowa, and it also sells E85 in nine other states (Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
- Thanks to the efforts of our more than 4,700 associates, Kum & Go convenience stores continue to provide fast and friendly service to over 480,000 customers daily.
- Kum & Go has grown to more than 430 convenience stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wyoming).
Kum & Go and Cage-Free Eggs
Like most in the industry, moving toward cage-free eggs is something we’ve been evaluating and will continue to explore. We will keep working with suppliers to better understand the timeline along which cage free eggs will be available to enable companies like ours to move in that direction. Through this work, we hope to be able to make the change in the same timeframe as other companies in our industry, if not faster.