** We are in the process of changing our online application. New grant deadlines are March 1 (Arts & Culture), July 1 (Youth Education), November 1 (Community Betterment with a food insecurity focus). Please check back often for new guidelines. Applications already submitted may be returned for resubmission.
A LEGACY OF GIVING
We strive to be good neighbors in our towns and cities by providing charitable gifts and volunteering time and talent to non-profit organizations that make our communities better places in which to live. We support programs that make lasting impacts in arts & culture, youth education, and community betterment. Kum & Go is proud to give back 10% to communities we serve through grants, sponsorships, and in-kind support.
Current major philanthropic partners include Habitat for Humanity International and the United Way of Central Iowa.
Our Giving Priorities
Arts & Culture (DUE MArch 1)
Kum & Go recognizes the importance of arts & culture in building vibrant and engaged communities. We support programs that provide exposure to a wide variety of arts & cultural experiences and encourage all populations to express themselves creatively.
Funding Examples: arts education programs, new or unique ways of providing or producing arts & culture, visual and performing arts programming
Youth Education (Due July 1)
Kum & Go believes all children deserve a safe learning environment and high-quality education. We support programs that help identify the needs of students and provide ongoing educational programs, strategies and resources to address issues affecting the youth in our communities.
Funding Examples: before or after school programs, mentoring programs, programs assisting at-risk youth
Community Betterment (Due September 1)
Kum & Go is committed to fighting food insecurity by partnering with organizations who provide access to healthy food.
Funding Examples: Food pantries, backpack programs in schools
Our Giving Programs
- Kum & Go only accepts grant applications from 501c3 organizations located in the following locations:
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Denver, CO
- Front Range Colorado (Evans, Longmont, Greeley, Loveland)
- Iowa City, IA
- Little Rock, AR
- Northwest Arkansas (Rogers, Bentonville, Springdale)
- Omaha, NE
- Springfield, MO
- Tulsa, OK
** Central Iowa – Please note we do not accept grant applications from organizations within Central Iowa. Instead, we work with a preselected number of non-profit organizations in Central Iowa with a focus on projects that impact a significant number of Kum & Go customers & associates and provide the opportunity for partnership and deepened engagement.
- Grants range from $1,000 to $10,000 depending on the size of non-profit and project budget.
- The Kum & Go Grant Review Committee evaluates applications three times per year. Beginning in 2020 our deadlines will adjust to the following schedule: Arts & Culture due March 1; Youth Education due July 1; Community Betterment (food insecurity focus) due September 1.
- Organizations must complete a request to apply before completing a full application.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion will not be considered.
Kum & Go provides event sponsorships to a limited number of non-profit organizations in the communities we serve. We utilize sponsorships to drive customer and associate engagement while creating brand recognition around community needs and Kum & Go’s giving mission statement. Sponsorships are selected according to best fit for the Kum & Go brand, business objectives and philanthropic priorities. Kum & Go requires 90 days of advanced notice for all sponsorship requests. Apply here.
Kum & Go provides limited in-kind products, including gift cards, to non-profit organizations located in areas where we have stores. If you are seeking an in-kind donation, please apply here. Kum & Go requires 90 days of advanced notice for all in-kind donation requests.
While we’d love to be able to give to every organization that needs assistance, we’ve narrowed our focus for maximum impact. Applications for any of the programs listed above cannot include:
- Individuals, including fundraisers on their behalf
- Groups or businesses that are not 501c3 non-profit organizations
- Athletic teams (youth or adult) or individuals competing in sporting events with the exception of the Des Moines Menace
- Organizations, groups or individuals fundraising on behalf of another organization
- Advertising in publications or on apparel, including yearbooks, sports programs, t-shirts, etc.
- Communities that do not have a Kum & Go store
- Political organizations or political lobbying activities
- Organizations seeking support for pageants, conventions, expos, conferences, walks, runs, or golf outings
- Events and/or activities that do not match our corporate giving priorities: Youth Education & Programming; Arts & Culture; or Community Betterment
For more information or specific questions, please email email@example.com.