2020 W-2 FORMS ARE PROCESSING
2020 W-2 FORMS
2020 W-2s will be mailed to all active and former associates soon, they will be postmarked no later than January 31, 2021, to the last updated address in our system as of January 4th, 2021. If you have not received your mailed 2020 W-2 by February 15th 2021, do the following:
- Contact the Grow People Department at 515-457-6221.
- Active Associates: All active associates can find an electronic copy, when available, of their 2020 W-2 in Workday under Worker Tax Documents.
- Terminated Associates: Electronic copies of W-2s for terminated 2020 associates are available by contacting the Grow People Payroll team after February 15th, 2021. You can contact the Grow People Payroll team at 515-457-6221.
If you need to request another mailed copy of your W-2, please print out the W-2 Request Form and follow the instructions on the form. (Note: This process can take up to 7-10 business days, it is recommended that you either obtain an electronic version of your 2020 W-2.
2019 or Older W-2 Forms
If you are needing to obtain a 2019 or older W-2, you will need to submit the W-2 Request Form and we will mail out a copy of the requested tax year. Please note this process can take up to 7-10 business days for processing.
For questions or problems, please contact the Kum & Go Grow People Department at 515-457-6221.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: As an active associate, what should I do if I forgot my Workday login information?
A: You should first attempt to reset your Workday password using the “reset password” capability when logging in. If that doesn’t’ work, you must submit a service desk ticket to Grow People.
Q: I don’t have access to print my W-2 online; how will I obtain my W-2?
A: There are a couple of different options:
- Self-Service Printing – You may use any computer connected to the internet, it does NOT have to be a Kum & Go computer. Examples could include your personal computer, library, tax preparer’s computer, etc.
- Paper W-2 forms will be mailed to your home address in Workday, postmarked no later than January 31st 2021. If you have not received your mailed 2020 W-2 form by February 15th 2021, you may request another mailed Paper W-2. Payroll will print W-2s if requested for active or terminated associates, however, you will need to complete a Request for IRS Form W-2.
- Once the form is complete and received by the payroll department, a replacement W-2 will be sent to you as you specify on the form. Once the form is received please allow 7-10 days for processing.
Q: My gross wages from my last paycheck stub do not equal my taxable wages on my W-2. Why?
A: Taxable wages are your gross wages minus all pretax deductions such as: 401k, Dental, Medical, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, etc.
Q: I did not have any Federal or State tax withheld from my wages. Why?
A: It is the responsibility of the associate to ensure that your tax withholdings are correct during the year. If you chose “exempt” on those forms, then you will not have the corresponding tax withheld until you submit an updated W-4 form. Payroll will not adjust the tax withholdings for the prior year. Additionally, in certain situations, an associate’s pay may not have met the minimum amount required by the IRS to withhold taxes during the payroll period. The IRS put a new W-4 in place at the beginning of 2020 and all associates are encouraged to utilize the IRS W-4 calculator before filling out their W-4 in Workday.
Q: I need the Company FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) to file my taxes. Where can I find it?
A: This can be found on the W-2 in Box B.
Q: What is Box 12 D on my W-2?
A: This is the amount withheld for your pretax 401k deductions for 2020 by payroll.
Q: What is Box 12 W on my W-2?
A: This is the Employer & Employee Health Savings Account Contributions. Please refer to your final pay slip for the breakout of the employee pretax deductions and the employer contributions for your taxes.
Q: What is Box 12 DD on my W-2?
A: This is the amount for the Employer/Employee cost of health insurance for ACA reporting. There is nothing the associate needs to do with this box. It is for information purposes only.
Q: What is the Box 12 AA on my W-2?
A: This is the amount that has been withheld for your post tax 401k Roth Deduction for 2020.
Q: What is Box 10 on my W-2?
A: This is the amount that was withheld on a pretax basis for Flex Spending Dependent Care Benefits.
Q: My Social Security Number or Name is wrong on my W-2. What should I do?
A: You will need to contact the Kum & Go Grow People Department to update this information. You can contact the Grow People Department at 515-457-6221.
Q: My address is wrong on my W-2. Do I need to do anything?
A: Your address does not need to be updated in order to file your taxes.