This pertains to all Kum & Go, Krause Gentle, Des Moines Menace, Teamwork Ranch, and Solar Transport associates.
2017 W-2 Forms ARE AVAILABLE
2017 W-2 FORMS
2017 W-2s will be mailed to all active and former associates soon. They will be postmarked no later than January 31, 2018, to the last updated address in our system as of January 10, 2018. If you have not received your mailed 2017 W-2 by the second week of February 2018, do the following:
- Contact the Grow People Department at 515-457-6221, to verify if you need to update your address and to confirm whether or not your W-2 was sent back. If it was returned with an incorrect address, we can mail it to your updated address.
(Active associates should verify their address in Workday prior to contacting Grow People).
- Obtain an electronic copy of your W-2, once available, on the new Electronic W-2 website. Effective in 2017, the Company switched to ADP as our W-2 provider. Before accessing an electronic copy of your W-2 you will need to register your new profile using the ADP Registration Instructions.
If you need to request another mailed copy of your W-2, please print out the W-2 Request Form and follow the instructions on the form. (Note: This process can take up to 7-10 business days, so it is recommended that you either obtain an electronic version of your 2017 W-2 or verify if your W-2 was returned to the Grow People Department).
2016 or Older W-2 Forms
If you need to obtain a W-2 from 2016 or earlier, you will need to submit the W-2 Request Form and we will mail a copy of the requested tax year. Please not this process can take up to 7-10 business days for processing.
For questions or problems, please contact the Kum & Go Grow People Department at 515-457-6221.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this a new process from last year’s electronic W-2?
A: Yes, in 2017 the Company switched to ADP’s W-2 services. To obtain an electronic copy of your W-2, you will need to register a new profile with ADP using the ADP Registration Instructions.
Q: Where can I find my employee ID information for the ADP (Electronic W-2) website to obtain my W-2?
A: Employee IDs for active associates can be found in GPS Workday under Personal Information > About Me > Job Details. Associates who are no longer active will need to contact the Grow People Department.
Q: As an active associate, what should I do if I forgot my Workday login information?
A: You must submit a service desk ticket to Grow People, after your ticket is serviced, an email will be sent with your login information.
Q: I have locked myself out of ADP or can’t complete the registration.
A: Unfortunately, the Company does not have any access to ADP’s website. You will need to contact ADP directly at 1-877-306-8126 for assistance with your password or registration.
Q: I don’t have access to print my W-2 online; how will I obtain my W-2?
A: There are a couple of different options:
- Self-Service Printing – You may use any computer connected to the internet, it does NOT have to be a Kum & Go computer. Examples could include your personal computer, library, tax preparer’s computer, etc.
- Paper W-2 forms will be mailed to your home address in Workday, postmarked no later than January 31, 2018. If you have not received your mailed 2017 W-2 form by the second week of February 2018, you may request another mailed Paper W-2. Payroll will print W-2s if requested for active or terminated associates, however, you will need to complete a Request for IRS Form W-2.
- Once the form is complete and received by the payroll department, a replacement W-2 will be sent to you as you specify on the form. Once the form is received please allow 7-10 days for processing.
Q: My gross wages from my last paycheck stub do not equal my taxable wages on my W-2. Why?
A: Taxable wages are your gross wages minus all pretax deductions such as: 401k, Dental, Medical, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, etc.
Q: I did not have any Federal or State tax withheld from my wages. Why?
A: It is the responsibility of the associate to ensure that your tax withholdings are correct during the year. If you chose “exempt” on those forms, then you will not have the corresponding tax withheld until you submit an updated W-4 form. Payroll will not adjust the tax withholdings for the prior year. Additionally, in certain situations, an associate’s pay may not have met the minimum amount required by the IRS to withhold taxes during the payroll period.
Q: I need the Company FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) to file my taxes. Where can I find it?
A: This can be found on the W-2 in Box B.
Q: What is Box 12 D on my W-2?
A: This is the amount withheld for your pretax 401k deductions for 2017 by payroll.
Q: What is Box 12 W on my W-2?
A: This is the Employer & Employee Health Savings Account Contributions. Please refer to your final pay slip for the breakout of the employee pretax deductions and the employer contributions for your taxes.
Q: What is Box 12 DD on my W-2?
A: This is the amount for the Employer/Employee cost of health insurance for ACA reporting. There is nothing the associate needs to do with this box. It is for information purposes only.
Q: What is the Box 12 AA on my W-2?
A: This is the amount that has been withheld for your post tax 401k Roth Deduction for 2017.
Q: What is Box 10 on my W-2?
A: This is the amount that was withheld on a pretax basis for Flex Spending Dependent Care Benefits.
Q: My Social Security Number or Name is wrong on my W-2. What should I do?
A: You will need to contact the Kum & Go Grow People Department to update this information. You can contact the Grow People Department at 515-457-6221.
Q: My address is wrong on my W-2. Do I need to do anything?
A: Your address does not need to be updated in order to file your taxes.